On Mon, 7 Jan 2002 00:03:20 +0100, Tue Hellstern wrote:

>I cant connect to a MySql Database form a Windows PC, I get “Host ... is
>not allowed to connect to this MySQL server” and in the MySql manual I
>found the following solution but I don’t know how to do it. I am an
>novice in MySql.
>If anyone can make tell me the commands I will be very happy.

In order to correct this problem, you or an administrator must be able to log into
mysql as root.

Then it is only necessary to issue a GRANT PRIVILEGES query such as:

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO tue@"%" IDENTIFIED BY 'apassword' WITH GRANT OPTION;

The above would permit user "tue" to log in from any location (%) with all privileges
including the ability to grant privileges to
others.

Regards,
Doug