>> If you have rights to access other database then simply type
>> <databasename.table>
>>
>> Bye
>>

>>   I want to select from two databases at one time, like
>>   use forum
>>   select .... from users a, auth.users b where a.name = b.name
>>   The databases are running on the same mysql server. Do I have to make
>> identical users / passwords
>>   for the databases, or can one script connect to two databases using
>> different credentials?
>>   There will actually be a few scripts using different databases that all
>> need to access that
>>   auth database

Hi thanks,

I do have the rights - I am talking about scripts, so the forum database would be
accessed
by a user myforum with pass forumsecret. Would I have to add access rights to the other
database so that the same user "myforum" can access it, or is there a better way.
I am sort of thinking about giving these scripts read-only access to the extra database
(which is actually system authentification) and implementing a separate update job
running
on the database machine that would not be accessible from the outside in case one of
the
scripts needs to make changes

Regards
W. Hamann