Hi,
I was wondering how I would insert a value which is present in another
table, specifically, this is a member_id field from a main members table
which acts as a foreign key in this table (Although I know this not
truly possible in MySQL). I think this attempted, although non
functional, insert statement describes what it is I'm trying to do:

INSERT INTO skills (member_id, name, schooling, certifications,
description) VALUES
(members.max(member_id),'$skill_name','$schooling','$certifications','$s
kill_description')";

Would I be best to select this before hand with PHP and somehow store
the result in a variable and then insert it? Thanks very much for the
help.

Cheers,
Matt Rudderham