Yesterday I posted a question yet got response. The question
is regarding to how Query works. Now I repost it in a more
specific way.

I am just wondering how MySQL API functions work. Let's look
at following two functions:

1. mysql_query(),
2. mysql_fetch_array()

To my understanding, mysql_query() will definately to its job with
MySQL server. But how about the latter? Does it just fetch data
from client/local buffer, which is previously put in by mysql_query(),
or still has to goto server side to fetch data?

Alex