From: Stephen Abshire [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2002 7:21 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: count(distinct

I am inclined to think (actually guess) it may be the version of MySQL you
are using. I am using MySQL 3.23.39 and I am able to successfully execute:

select count(distinct field) or select count(distinct(field))

I tried to make a quick check of the docs to see if a certain version was
required but I was unable to find anything.