On Sat, 12 Jan 2002, Tom Jones wrote:

> >Table: flights
> >Fields: depart, depart_time, arrive, arrive_time, flight_no, flight_group
>
> I'm trying to do a search on "depart" and "arrive" and show only the records
> which have matching "flight_group"

SELECT depart, arrive
FROM   flights
WHERE  flight_group = 'foo'

assuming that depart and arrive hold the names of locations and that you
want to show all those departure and arrival locations for flights where
group foo has travelled.

If you want all fields then you can also use the following shorthand
notation but if you are using Oracle 8 and JDBC then don't do this
because there is a bug in that driver which causes it not to understand
the * notation in SELECT statements but I think this would work with
the MySQL JDBC driver (mmmysql.sourceforge.net) if you were to use it.

SELECT *
FROM   flights
WHERE  flight_group = 'foo'

After all if you are going to build a database you will most likely
want to build an interface for it. If you want to build a web interface
then PHP is probably your best choice but first you need to get
comfortable with the mysql client.

Bye,

Neil