Hi! I'm storing a date in this format :

2002-01-13 11:08:40
yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss

This is great because it gives me the date and the time, which I need.
I want to compare this date from the database to the current DAYOFYEAR()

but when I do this
select DAYOFYEAR('2002-01-13 11:08:40')

I get this
Error - Perl execution failed

Modification of non-creatable array value attempted, subscript -1 at
./mysql-lib.pl line 187, line 2.

It works great when I do select DAYOFYEAR(NOW()) though, I'm totally
confused, is this a known bug or is there a work around that anybody knows
of that you can let me in on?

Ulitmately I want to compare todays DAYOFYEAR to the DAYOFYEAR from fields
in the database to establish entries that were created "today".

I'm looking at what I have written here and I think I have confused myself,
if this is not clear, please feel free to flame me.

I'm looking forward to any light that can be shed on this problem.