I would /strongly/ advise that you discontinue the use of
the Isam table type in mysql. The Isam table type is a legacy of the mysql 3.22.x
series. If you are using the stable 3.23.x series Myisam is the new default type.
One of the cool things about Myisam is that you CAN repair it while the database
is running. You can also configure mysqld to repair tables automatically when it finds
a problem. Of course you it manually still with myisamchk -r

Tarjei Huse wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to thank everyone (esp Carsten and Jocelyn) who helped me solve
> this problem. It now seems that the db now works ok.
>
> For the record, I suggest that isamchk should contain a warning in the help text
> that you should not run it when mysqld is running. This combined with isamchk -i
> *.ISM.
>
> Also, I'll backup using mysqldump from now on, not just tarballing my dbdirs :)
>
> Tarjei
>

> "Carsten H. Pedersen" wrote:
>
>>>isamchk -e   -o page.ISM
>>>I get:
>>>Found block with too small length at 2249; Skipped
>>>Now what do I do??
>>>
>>Restore from backup?
>>
>>Your table structure is definitely corrupted.
>>
>>What happens if you run isamchk with just "-r":
>>
>>        isamchk -r page.ISM
>>
>>?
>>
>>/ Carsten
>>--
>>Carsten H. Pedersen
>>keeper and maintainer of the bitbybit.dk MySQL FAQ
>>http://www.bitbybit.dk/mysqlfaq

Vincent Stoessel [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Java Linux Apache Mysql Php (JLAMP) Engineer
(301) 362-1750 Mobile (410) 419-8588
AIM, MSN: xaymaca2020 , Yahoo Messenger: vks_jamaica