Hello,

We had a development box running Red Hat 6.1 on it.  Over the Christmas weekend
someone hacked into this system, installed bitchx on it, and filled up the disk
among other things.  One of the consequences of the attack was that MySQL
stopped functioning.  MySQL appears to start correctly on this system, that is
the startup script finishes and there are mysqld processes that show up.

The problem is that when any client attempts to access any database the client
hangs.  Initially, when we thought we could clean up the box I completely
rebuilt MySQL from sources and the problem persisted.  We now are just about to
completely rebuild the box, but we would like to know what is going on.  What
should I look at?  What is preventing MySQL from answering queries?

Thanks in advance,

Bill