I want to store long binary data in mysql
I set max_allowed_packet size to 50M, but I can`t stor data
mysql error code is ' 020114 17:34:30  Aborted connection 2 to db:
'lake' user: 'lake' host: `alia' (Got an error reading communication
packets)'

and jdbc error code is ' java.sql.SQLException: Communication link
failure: java.io.IOException'

I have read  'The protocol limits for max_allowed_packet is 16M in
MySQL 3.23 and 4G in MySQL 4.0'

What is protocol limits?

How can I stor long binary data(50M) in mysql ? (longblob type field)

Please help me!!!!!!!!