I really don´t undarstand

My Linux is working fine in a situation like yours. I´ve simulated your
situation

mysql> use db2;

Database changed
mysql> select * from tab1;
+----+--------+
| id | name   |
+----+--------+
|  1 | javier |
+----+--------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> use db1;

Database changed
mysql> select * from tab1;
Empty set (0.00 sec)

My database and table description:

ysql> use db1;
Database changed
mysql> show tables;
+---------------+
| Tables_in_db1 |
+---------------+
| tab1          |
+---------------+
1 row in set (0.01 sec)

mysql> describe tab1;
+-------+-------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
| Field | Type        | Null | Key | Default | Extra          |
+-------+-------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
| id    | int(11)     |      | PRI | NULL    | auto_increment |
| name  | varchar(10) | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
+-------+-------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> select * from tab1;
Empty set (0.01 sec)

mysql> use db2

Database changed
mysql> show tables;
+---------------+
| Tables_in_db2 |
+---------------+
| tab1          |
+---------------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> describe tab1;
+-------+-------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
| Field | Type        | Null | Key | Default | Extra          |
+-------+-------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
| id    | int(11)     |      | PRI | NULL    | auto_increment |
| name  | varchar(10) | YES  |     | NULL    |                |
+-------+-------------+------+-----+---------+----------------+
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> select * from tab1;
+----+--------+
| id | name   |
+----+--------+
|  1 | javier |
+----+--------+
1 row in set (0.01 sec)

And finally my server and sistem data:

mysql> status;
--------------
mysql  Ver 11.15 Distrib 3.23.44, for pc-linux-gnu (i686)

Connection id:          6
Current database:       db1
Current user:           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Current pager:          stdout
Using outfile:          ''
Server version:         3.23.44
Protocol version:       10
Connection:             linux2 via TCP/IP
Client characterset:    latin1
Server characterset:    latin1
TCP port:               3306
Uptime:                 7 hours 27 min 52 sec

Red Hat Linux release 7.0 (Guinness)
Kernel 2.2.16-22 on an i586

If it was deleting one database or table must delete de another one.