Hi!

Miguel> At 12:13 12/01/2002 +0100, Carl Troein wrote:
Miguel> Hi!

Miguel> Thanks you for the bug report I was be able to repeat
Miguel> in the 4.0.1 Windows release too.

Miguel> Regards,
Miguel> Miguel

>> CREATE TABLE t1 (txt varchar(10) default NULL);
>> INSERT INTO t1 VALUES ('aaa');
>> INSERT INTO t1 VALUES (NULL);
>> SELECT BINARY txt AS t FROM t1 GROUP BY t;
>>
>> On my Linux systems, and MySQL compiled with gcc 2.95.3,
>> this invariably leads to a segfault. Removing the non-null
>> row from t1 solves the problem, as does removing the row
>> with null. Without BINARY everything works.
>>
>> I'm no longer on the list, so if you reply to this mail
>> with comments or questions that you think I should read,
>> please be sure to include my address.

This is now fixed and pushed into the MySQL 4.0.2 source repository.  If
nothing unexpected happens, we will start building binary releases of
MySQL 4.0.2 next week.  (Note that because we will not do a release
while there is any not solved critical bug, it may from time to time
take longer than expected before a new release is available).

Regards,
Monty

--
For technical support contracts, goto https://order.mysql.com/