Oracle didn't publish its database Architecture
diagram. But the oracle press books contain the
diagram.
The diagram in general describes the inner thing of
oracle database, i.e how,where,when the data is stored
and what are the process involved to do it.
Like Database buffers,redo log buffers,shared
pool,dictionary catches, contorl structures char set
and large pool.
In the same way I want to know what happens when one
inserts some data into MySQL, what happens when one
say "select". what is its recovery model. What is the
role played by a data base adminstrator of MySQL.
As MySQL is considered to be a RDBMS these things are
to be understood by a developer to call him self as a
DBA of MySQL.

--- Jeremy Zawodny <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > On
Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 10:37:22AM +0530, aravind
> gorthy wrote:
> >
> > Hai,
>
> > Where can I find the Architecture Diagram of
> MySQL.  Just like in
> > Oracle do we have a diagram which explains how
> MySQL works behind
> > screen.  I am using MySQL 3.23.44(NT) and 3.23.40
> (Linux)Version
>
> I've never seen one for Oracle, so I'm not sure what
> you'd expect to
> see in one.  Can you give us some ideas, or maybe
> point to on-line?
>
> I've been planning to do something that you might be
> able to call an
> architecture diagram (of sorts), but haven't really
> started yet.
>
> Jeremy
> --
> Jeremy D. Zawodny, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Technical Yahoo - Yahoo Finance
> Desk: (408) 349-7878   Fax: (408) 349-5454   Cell:
> (408) 685-5936
>
> MySQL 3.23.41-max: up 14 days, processed 334,555,943
> queries (269/sec. avg)

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Trouble unsubscribing? Try:

=====