A couple of questions about compiling on Solaris.

1) Are the Sun Workshop 6 compilers supported for MySQL and MySQL++?
   1a) Can you use the -native flag without problems?

2) Is the binary distribution compiled with Sun or GNU compilers?

Background Info:
  We are currently trying to ingest 1.5M/sec of weather data into a
database, and we have had luck using MySQL 3.23.4x on a Linux 800Mhz machine
with 256M of RAM.  However, this machine is basically useless for anything
else, and it is my desktop.  We have several Sun servers with 4+ procs and
4+Gb of RAM, and I thought one would make a good ingest machine.  So I would
like to compile MySQL and MySQL++ with the Sun compilers to take full
advantage of everything the platform has to offer.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Brad Teale
Universal Weather and Aviation, Inc.