Hy,
having Replication running now, I  would like to know if there are ways
to test if it all _really_ works ok.

Things i know I could do:

- checking that no errors occur in the logs on master and slave

- testing some queries an see if the changes take effect on the master
and the slave in the same manner

- maybe testing the size of the database directories on the master and
the slave (after doing the right flush commands and shuttong dowen
master?!) or doing diffs of all the files in the databse directories

- counting the number of rows in each table

Can I use those all to check if everythings ok?
Are there other testing mechanisms?
Or can i just trust in Mysql that everything that _can_ go wrong will
produce error messages?

Another interesting question would be if i can configure mysql to send
an email when an error occurs, or if i have to use third party software
to watch the logs?

TIA,
henning