Hello all,

To both above topics there have been answers, thank you, but these answers
are not clear at all.

On 19 January 2002 00:09, Jeremy Zawodny wrote;

> To: Steve Suehring
> Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: Version 4 Schedule
>

> On Fri, Jan 18, 2002 at 09:33:38AM -0600, Steve Suehring wrote:
> > Hello-
> >
> > I've done some searching through archive and the website but can't
> > seem to find a semi-concrete answer.  What's the schedule, if any,
> > for version 4.0 to go stable?
>
> It's stable when the MySQL folks are relatively confident that there
> are no known bugs left.  That means a fair number of folks need to
> start using the code and providing bug reports and feedback.

This is a great answer to the approach which BTW is fantastic.  Therefore
almost all MySQL versions are production ready.

On  18 January 2002 20:18 Victoria Reznichenko wrote:

> Hello Steve,
>
> Friday, January 18, 2002, 5:33:38 PM, you wrote:
>
> SS> REALFROM: Steve Suehring <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> SS> HOUR: 2002011817
>
> SS> Hello-
>
> SS> I've done some searching through archive and the website but
> can't seem to
> SS> find a semi-concrete answer.  What's the schedule, if any,
> for version 4.0
> SS> to go stable?
>
> As Monty recently mentioned: if you mean "stable" as "well tested
> and suitable for production uses" - this is true for almost every
> MySQL version, even for alpha
> ones. :-)

Again this talks about the stability and approach, not the timing.

On 17 January 2002 11:07 Jeremy Zawodny wrote;

> On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 08:42:44PM +0200, Emmanuel van der Meulen wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > Is there a roadmap for MySQL releases
>
> Sort of.
>
> The way it generally works is that the MySQL developers work off the
> TODO list that you'll find in the MySQL Manual.
>
> > and in particular when it the eta for 4.1?
>
> The ETAs always seem to be guesses at best...  They tend not to
> relesae software and call it "stable" until it really is stable.

As before, these answers reflect the stability and approach.  And it is
therefore clear that if this level of stability is achieved, then it is
indeed difficult to say when these a particular version would be ready for
which stages.

Then let me phrase my question differently;

Version 4.1 is earmarked to have 'stored procedures'.  So I'm keen to know
when that version is planned for release.

Some indication based on previous timings would suffice, and I understand
this to be a difficult question, thus in the spirit of all of above, I would
not hold such timing indication against anyone if it turns out before or
later.

Would MySQL consider to publish something like the following as found at
Netbeans;
http://www.netbeans.org/articles/roadmap.html
and even though their roadmap is not specific, some indication of timing is
derive-able?

If MySQL policy is to refrain from getting into timing questimates, it is
100% understandable and acceptable, then please merely state it as such.

Kind regards
Emmanuel