Hi!

On Jan 19, Gordan Bobic wrote:
> Hi!
>
> The part that I thought could be a "bug" was the one you didn't quote.

I still remeber that part, there's no need to explain it again :-)

> > It's not a "known" bug as the code is rather new.
> > Can you create a test case for this ?
>
> Possibly, but it could be difficult as my data set changes daily. It looks
> like a problem that ought to be replicable with fairly generic data.

You've said that SELECT with index returns ~20 rows, and w/o 7 rows.
Create a table with those rows and send it to me...
I hope that will be a test case.

> Incidentally, could it be caused by the fact that I am using a multi-column
> FTS? Could this be where the operation without the index is falling over?

It could, of course. But it shouldn't.
And the probability is low.

> Another thing - is it possible to combine a FULLTEXT index with another
> column/index to achieve a multi-column index with FTS capabilities? It just
> seems wrong that FTS should take a fixed amount of time regardless of what
> other indexable restrictions are made on the data set, and if there is a
> limitation on 1 index per table per query, then the multi-column index is the
> only way around it.

In boolean FTS, fulltext index works almost like normal index,
that is the list of documents is NOT computed in advance.

as for combined index, it's possible to do, I think.
But I have some plans of changing index structure.
This will result in faster searches and smaller index files.

With this index structure it would be impractical
to introduce compined indexes.

Regards,
Sergei

--