John,

Saturday, January 19, 2002, 12:18:26 AM, you wrote:

JD> I tried putting passwords on the grant statements, but I can't log in as a
JD> different user using a password -- it never authenticates. And as any other
JD> user than root it won't let me access any tables.

Are you sure you are running a client with the right options?
Foe example, if you set a password for user zuka and do something like

       mysql -uzuka buka

it will never allow you to access database "buka", because you have to
supply the password:

       mysql -uzuka -pkuka buka
or
       mysql -uzuka -p buka

In the second case, client will ask you for the password from the
console.

JD> Am I doing something wrong,

Provide us with the examples of GRANT statements you use so we could provide you with
more help.

--
Egor Egorov

[EMAIL PROTECTED]