Jeremy Zawodny wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 20, 2002 at 03:46:14AM +0000, Arne Mueller wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I've just migrated from mysql-3.12 to 4.0.1 and despite a mysqld crash a
> > few minutes ago there is a strange problem I've never had in mysql
> > version 3:
> >
> > mysql> lock table .develop.Pseq read;
> > ERROR 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near '.Pseq read' at
> > line 1
> >
> > Any idea what's wrong here?
>
> How about LOCK TABLES:
>
>   http://www.mysql.com/doc/L/O/LOCK_TABLES.html
>
> Jeremy

Hello,

Sorry, I realy did read this section in the manual, but somehow the
answer must be in between the lines ...  I cannot find it :-( . So,
please be patient with the simple users and let me know the answer if
you know it.

Also sorry for the above (quoted) syntax error of the command. Here
comes my problem:

mysql> lock table develop.Pseq write;
ERROR 1142: select command denied to user: 'bmm@localhost' for table
'Pseq'

User 'bmm' is allowed to connect to from localhost but only has
'process' and 'reload' privileges in the ,ysql.user table, the db table
then allows this user everything with the 'develop' db. Root (who has
all privileges in the mysql.user table is alowed to lock tables).

        thanks alot,

        Arne

--
Arne Mueller