Hi!

I have forwarded your questions to the MySQL public email list, so
that other people can benefit from my answer.

If you have any more questions about MySQL, please send them to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] instead directly to a MySQL developer or MySQL
user.

If you want to have guaranteed MySQL support, you can always order
that from https://order.mysql.com.

Brett> Greeting-
Brett>      The distributed mysql binary for BSD/OS wants libz.so when BSDI 4.1 only
Brett> has libz.a!  To get around this problem I have tried to build it myself, but it
always
Brett> segfaults on startup during " make test ".  Any ideas or pointers would be
appreciated.

As we don't have access to a BSDI system anymore, we have not been
able to build MySQL binaries for BSDI since 3.23.32.

The easyest way to solve this problem is to download the MySQL source
distribution and follow the instructions in the MySQL manual of how to
compile MySQL for your platform.  In most cases this should only take
30 minutes of your time to get a working MySQL server...

Regards,
Monty

--
For technical support contracts, goto https://order.mysql.com/