Hi All,

I have been running MySQL 4.0.1 on Linux (RedHat 7.x) very
successfully.  Now I am migrating onto OS X and manage to get the MySQL
installed and default databases created by the configuration scripts coming
with the download.  However, every time mysqld is started, it just shutdown
immediately with no apparent error.  The error log file looks like:

020121 22:19:52  mysqld started
/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqld: ready for connections
020121 22:19:52  /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqld: Normal shutdown
020121 22:19:52  /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqld: Shutdown Complete
020121 22:19:52  mysqld ended

I have checked the permission of all the files and they all belong to
'mysql' user with full access right.  The mysql is installed and running in
a HFS+ partition.

Has anyone got any clues what's happening?

Thanks in advance,
Bat.