Hi there,

 I've been experimenting with InnoDB and replication and now have a few
questions...

Firstly, is it a known bug that "SHOW TABLE STATUS" screws up InnoDB
transactions? To insert data into my innoDB table I've been using:

set autocommit=0;
INSERT  ...
INSERT  ...
commit;

In total there are just over 9 million inserts. If when performing these
inserts, at the same time I do a "SHOW TABLE STATUS" then the client doing
the inserts gets a:

ERROR 1213 at line 17909: Deadlock found when trying to get lock; Try
restarting transaction

Also I've noticed that when replicating a transaction like the above then
the slave mysqld is not aware of the start and end of the transaction so
decides that it's going to sit there doing 9 million fsync()'s. I know
this can be turned off with innodb_flush_log_at_trx_commit=0 but are there
any plans to make the SLAVE aware of the start and end of transactions in
future mysql versions?

And my final question.... is it possible to change the size of
innodb_log_file_size? If this is changed in my.cnf then mysql fails to
start - what's the procedure for changing this (I've not checked the
manual for this properly yet so just tell me to RTFM if it's covered there
:-P )

Best regards,

Chris

--