Hello. I recently installed MySQL and had a few questions in regard to the save
directories. I see by default, MySQL saves the files in a /data/ folder on the main
hard drive. What I am trying to setup is this: I have two hard drives on my computer.
One is the main one where server installation files will be stored. The second one is
where data files will be separated and be backed up via a RAID.

What would you say is the easy way to edit the MySQL config file to have it save to my
second hard drive instead of the main one where MySQL is installed. Would I have to
edit the mysql_config file? Any help or suggestions would be great. Ya know.. the
ability to switch this around without screwing anything up major :)

Thanks

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup