Hi Victoria,

>> echoplusAT> *I can't run a 16 bit program .... the file setup.exe is
damage. Try to
>> echoplusAT> reinstall* (!?!?!?)
>>
>> echoplusAT> I've never seen this error ... anyone can help me in order to
solve this
>> echoplusAT> prob?
>
> May be you have a corrupted installation package. Try to download the
MySQL 3.32
>release again from : http://www.mysql.com/downloads/mysql-3.23.html

This seems do not solve my problem ... before I wrote my msg to the list,
I've tried to download 3 different package from 3 different mirrors and they
always give the same error ... well, now I'll try to install a previous
version of the server, but I think that is very strange to have 3 different
install. package damaged ...

anyway, thanks for your help
max