I am having trouble with this error:
"Found option without preceding group in config file: c:\WINNT\my.ini
line: 1  Program aborted"

Before this I got the infamous 1067 error where the service would go to
start on Win2000 and then stop unexpectedly.

Some background that will hopefully be helpful because every other
posting asks for this information:

- Yes, I installed into the default C:\ directory.  I just want to use
my.ini to point to where my data will reside but the program will remain
in C:.

- Yes, MySQL runs ok without this my.ini file in place.

- Yes, the first line of the my.ini file is [mysqld]

- I am using mysqld-nt as my service; installed by typing:
  mysqld-nt --install

- Yes, I've tried reinstalling the whole application

Please help.  I have spent over 16 hrs trying to fix this, reading
newsgroups, etc.  Please email me directly if possible.  Thank you.

Gary Penn, MCSE, MCP+I, OCP
Webmaster/Systems Support, Shimano, Inc.
One Holland, Irvine, CA 92618 USA
+1 949 9515003  |  Fax +1 949 9516212
http://www.shimano.com