On Tuesday 22 January 2002 14:32, Markus Lervik wrote:
> Hi!
>
> For some strange reason MySQL doesn't listen for incoming
> connections on port 3306. I have four servers, two of which are
> 4.0.1 and two are 3.23.47. I can connect between three of them freely,
> but one, shodan (yes. *g*) doesn't allow it.  localhost logins are
> apparently ok, but not from another machine.

> mle@shodan:/$ sudo netstat --ip -p -a
> Active Internet connections (w/o servers)

Sorry, that's actually supposed to be

mle@shodan:~$ sudo netstat --ip -a
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State
tcp        0      0 *:ldap                  *:*                     LISTEN
[snip again, no mysql nor port 3306 anywhere to be seen]

I might add that everything else works fine, ssh, ldap, nfs, you name it, and
shodan is on the same physical network as the rest of the computers, so
there's no firewall between them, nor do I have iptables/ipchains enabled on
the machine.

Cheers,
Markus

--