Hi,

I'm new to mysql database design, I have a PHP script to DELETE records but
before that I need to be sure that the record exists.

My script goes like this:

line 6  $var1 = " select * from table.field where id_record = '$record' ";
line 7  if( $var2 = mysql_fetch_array($var1) )
line 8  {
line 9          deleting ...
line 10 }
line 11 else
line 12 {
line 13         record does not exit ...
line 14         "It is not a valid record"
line 15 }

So when I test it with a record I know it doesn't exist, the script gives me
the message ("It is not a valid record") and this : Warning: Supplied
argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in
c:\apache\htdocs\nuevo\icum\eliminar.php on line 7

Any help will be appreciated
Alfredo Palafox