OK I have to admit I have an exam tomorrow. - Modern OS's!

I would appreciate your thoughts.

There are several questions I would love your educated help with.  I
have read documentation on the internet but some of it is very old and
I'm not sure how trustworthy it is.  (I'm mostly an NT user)

1) What are some of the tools that make Unix admin easy?  For
administering stuff like users/disk quotas/environment? - NT has the MMC
console....

2) Are there any specific programming demands on the operating system.
Vague I know.  I know programmers need compilers and stuff but is their
anything specific which makes linux/unix good for programmers (as
opposed to win32)?

2)  What is the greatest file size possible in Unix?  Using all 13 block
addresses in the inode with the last 3 being 'special' is the largest
file Unix can handle 1 or 2.5gb?  Is this always based on 512 byte
blocks
3) I understand that dates and time's for files (last modified/accessed)
are 64bit (8byte) to avoid 2031 problem?

4) Is their a limit to how many files a directory can contain?  A dir is
the same as a file with a different mode.  I assume that the 13 data
blocks are used to store a pointer to each file in the directory.  This
would limit files in one directory to:
10 +
170 (first special block) +
28,900 (170 * 170 second special block) +
4913000 (3rd special block 170 * 170 * 170)

= 4,942,080.  Nearly 5 million.  Clearly this is not a great restriction
but are my fundamentals correct?

Any gems you would like to offer gratefully received

Sorry for an off-topic post.  I've been on this list a while and you
appear willing to help.
Wish me luck

Thanks lots
David Ayliffe