On Thursday 24 January 2002 11:14 pm, Tobias Erichsen wrote:
> >?> I?ve read an old message of yours on deja concerning the possiblity
> >?> that the client can automatically select a master or slave in a
> >?> replication-environment. ?Is this only available for linux, or does
> >?> the libmysql.dll also support such feature?
> >?
> >?It should, although this has not been tested.
>
> As I understand it, I need the 4.0x version of MySQL for it - correct?
> Where can I find details in the docs/manuals to configure this feature?

Yes, you need 4.0. Unfortunately, I have not yet documented the feature, but
you can figure out how to use it by studing client/mysqltest.c. Search
through the source for _rpl_ and try to follow the code.

> I?d like to set up a test-environment to see how good this works under
> Win32. ?If you like, I can send you the results I have gained...

That would be very helpful.

--
MySQL Development Team
For technical support contracts, visit https://order.mysql.com/