I'm having a weird problem with my mysql data dump and wondering if anybody
else has had a similar problem.

I run my mysql dump program, no problem there, download the file, and view
it with a text editor (an oldie: pfe - programmers file editor). Then one
dark day pfe was about half way through reading a file and stopped dead. It
tried it again, same thing. And it always seems to stop at the same point in
the file.

I can open that file up with no problem in Word.

Could this be caused by a corrupted table? I've had no other problems with
the database. It's a rather large website content database however and I'm
wondering if I just haven't run into any other problems yet.

I'm also having this same problem with another content database -- a very
small one however, and I've found no other problems with it.

Viewing database dumps in Word is rather painful :)  I'd also like to head
off any future problems and repair them now if necessary.

Thanks, Rita.