Hi MySQLers,

What's the best data type to use for a text field of say 500 words (~5000 chars)?
Can I use VARCHAR(5000) or should I use TEXT or MEDIUMTEXT?

Also whats the best column type for a binary upload of an image or word
document of say a max 3 MB in size? Should this be a BLOB, MEDIUMBLOB,
LONGBLOB? Are there any good tutorials on the web re: storing large
binary files in MySQL ? So far I've only done simple text, integer
databases.

Thanks

Paul