Hello,

I have two servers under a mutual master-slave relationship. I need to
ignore certain databases when replicating. I tried to use
replicate-ignore-db but according to the MySQL manual this won't work for
cross database updates. The manual suggests using
replicate-wild-ignore-table instead. I tested it and it worked fine when
making changes to records or tables:

Changes in server_A.test_database.table_x don't show in
server_B.test_database.table_x which is what I wanted. BUT if I make changes
to the database itself (drop it for example), then the database disappears
in both servers. I tried a similar test using replicate-wild-do-table and
got the same results.

Apparently those options only apply to changes in records and tables, not to
the database itself. Am I wrong? Is there an option like replicate-ignore-db
that will work for cross updates?

Thanks in advance.

Tony Romo