----- Original Message -----
From: "sdfine" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, January 28, 2002 12:06
Subject: Accessing MySQL Using ASP

> Does anyone have a good example of accessing and displaying data in a
MySQL
> database using ASP and displaying it on a web page?  I'm a VB programmer
and
> I'm new to accessing databases from the web and just need one good example
> to tie everything together.
>
> Thanks

Here's a small one off the top of my head.  Obviously you will have to set
up an ODBC DSN on the web server for this to work.  I use MySQL with IIS 5
and ASP all the time and have no problems.

<% @Language = "VBScript" %>
<% Response.buffer = true %>

<%
    Dim conDB    ' ADODB connection object
    Dim rsBirthdays    ' Query recordset
    Dim strSQL    ' SQL query

    ' Create ADODB connection instance
    Set conDB = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
    ' Create ADODB recordset instance
    Set rsBirthdays = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")

    ' Open a recordset
    strSQL = "SELECT firstname, lastname, birthday FROM employees order by
lastname;"
    rsBirthdays.Open strSQL, conDB
%>

<% Do While Not rsBirthdays.EOF %>
<% Loop %>

<%
    ' Close recordset
    rsBirthdays.Close
    ' Close connection
    conDB.Close
%>

----
A. Clausen             [EMAIL PROTECTED]