Hi!

> I haven't found 0.8.1.  When I do, I will upgrade.

You can either get it from http://www.mysql.com/downloads/gui-mycc.html
We just updated the website today :)

> It is apparent that you are setting an explicit
> window size and position

The above is true.  What I'll do is speed up the "saveMe()" method for
the main window-manager which will save both coordinates and sizes for
windows.  Hopefully this will fix things out.  The window-sizes &
position will be the same as the exit ones used in the previous
execution.

Thanks for you bug-report ...I'll fix this for 0.8.2.

Regards,
Jorge
--
For technical support contracts, visit https://order.mysql.com/
   __  ___     ___ ____  __

> I don't think that making the window smaller will solve the
> problem.  It is apparent that you are setting an explicit
> window size and position, rather than letting Windows pick
> on.  If you adopt the latter strategy, this problem should
> not occur on native multi-monitor systems, but may on certain
> 3rd-party solutions; and I wouldn't worry about those.  Who
> wants to do special case coding for them anyway?
>
> I haven't looked into how to select a starting window size on
> a multi-monitor system: i.e. how do you get the display caps
> for each monitor as opposed to the display caps for all
> monitors together, or even how do you discover how many
> monitors are active on a system.  I think I might do that
> tomorrow, as I'm curious myself.
>
> I haven't encountered this problem in other apps except
> WinMySQLadmin 1.3. This is probably because most apps either
> let Windows pick their size and position, or else use the
> exit size and position.
>
> Thomas Downing
> IPC Trading Systems, Inc.
> Fairfield CT, USA