Ok,
        I am setting up a small bidding system.  I have a table with one column for
"BID" and the other for "MAX_BID" with each row having a unique id number.
Anyone have a simple query example where I can select ID, BID, MAX_BID and
sort in descending order the BID and MAX_BID as if it were one column?

Example_tbl
id      bid     max_bid
1       .2      .4
2       .1      .2
3       .4      .0
4       .4      .7
5       .7      .7

Selecting the id and creating X_BID in the query result which is the
combined bid columns, ordering by the BID and MAX_BID

Result_Set
ID      X_BID
5       .7
4       .7
3       .4
1       .4
2       .2

Make any sense ?  Any thoughts on the AS and ORDER BY for this ?

Thanks