On Mon, Jan 28, 2002 at 05:30:00PM +0200, Egor Egorov wrote:

Hi,

> In any place that is reached by the scope of execution of safe_mysqld. It must do
>fine right in the beginning of the script.

It doesn't, or I am making a mistake :>

If I put renice -20 $$ (tried it on several places in safe_mysqld), I get the
following:

32606: old priority 0, new priority -20
Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /opt/mysql/var
- NICE: nice ---15 nohup             <-- debug line i added
020130 11:16:20  mysqld ended

The .err shows:

020130 11:16:20  mysqld started
nice: unrecognized option `---15'
Try `nice --help' for more information.
020130 11:16:20  mysqld ended

--
Met vriendelijke groet/With kind regards,

Wouter de Jong