Hi Jeremey!

> I think so.  I just did that recently in my book.  Imagine how many
> times I got it backwards and ended up second-guessing myself. :-(

Yes I have that confusion all the time, but it is good to have all
mysql tools begin with my or mysql.  Also because the installation of
MySQL does not remove or alter safe_mysqld, on ends up with two
scripts startin mysql.  This may not be a problem today however if in
the future the mysqld_safe script is altered for (saftey/features/some
important reason)  people may end up using the wrong startup script.
I know my servers use the wrong script!

My suggestiion would be to check if safe_mysqld exists during the 4.0
install and if it does remove it, then create a link to mysqld_safe
named safe_mysqld.  This maintains compatibility for anyone who has
existing scripts and uses only one!  Then in 4.1 perhaps deprecate the
safe_mysqld completely,  but  I don't think it's a big problem to
maintain the link if it exists.

Thoughts anyone?

> I'm not sure how they're generated (possibly from the manual), but
the
> INSTALL-SOURCE and INSTALL-BINARY files in 4.x also have references
> safe_mysqld rather than mysqld_safe.

I have noticed someone is looking because I see changes have been made
to the FreeBSD notes section.  I don't know how I could have missed
this as I always look at commits posted to the internals list!

 So,  maybe I should use the comments area of document on the web
site,  hopefully someone looks at that and will include my other
suggestions (Specifcally for BSDi and FreeBSD).  Seems much easier
just to make my comments on the mysql/docs web page!

One other thing,   I noticed that Multi-table update is mentioned in
the 4.0.2 release notes,  but the syntax is not yet in the manual and
I didn't see the commit!  Did I miss the commit?  I want to pull this
ASAP and test it.

Thanks everyone,

Ken

P.S. to Monty have been trying to recreate the  'row 0' error with
mysqldump unsuccesfully.  I am not sure what has changed.
Current stats:
| Questions                | 345687     |
| Qcache_queries_in_cache  | 5007       |
| Qcache_inserts           | 26136      |
| Qcache_hits              | 205394     |
| Qcache_not_cached        | 3670       |
| Qcache_free_memory       | 54115092   |
| Qcache_free_blocks       | 1038       |
| Qcache_total_blocks      | 11830      |

Maybe related to the current great cache hit ratio I am experiencing
59%!