I think AUTO_INCREMENT is on a per-connection basis.  So if you're doing
this across different database connections, it will reset to 0.

Rich

Hi there

We have some table used as sequences.
They only have 2 columns (ID, PID), with the AUTO_INCREMENT flag set for one
of them (ID).
By default the tables are empty!
The increment process is done by inserting a new record with a random
value for the non-auto_increment column.
After that the new sequence value is fetched by selecting the random value.
In the next step the one and only new row will we deleted using a
'delete from seq_xx WHERE PID = random_value'
statement, as described in the manual.

randomly the incrementation of any of the tables fails and the counter
resets to 1, which breaks the whole application.
this appears long before any overflow might happen.

has anyone else ever noticed this?
any idea what might be wrong ?

the version of the server is 3.23.42 .

best regards