I am trying to install mysql, DBI, and DBD::mysql on MacOS X.

My problems are in the DBI and DBD::mysql part.

Has anyone successfully installed the DBI and DBD::mysql perl modules on
this platform?

I'm running into troubles in the fact that, god bless them, whoever
decided to put unix on a mac, decided that, hey!  You don't need a
compiler! :-)

So I've been looking around for binary versions of DBD::mysql.. to no
avail.. nor can I find a binary version of the crap which you would
normally use to install products/modules from source!

Anyone have any pointers (meaning can you point me in the right
direction) or suggestions as to how I can allow the perl product that I
have installed use mysql? (comments like "Get a real OS" won't be
usefull, because it's a clients machine).

TIA!

-John