mysql> select distinct a.* from tableA a left join tableB b1 using(id),
tableB b2 where a.id=b1.id && b1.id=1 && b2.id=3;

-----Original Message-----
From: Steen Rabol [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2002 2:51 PM
To: Rick Emery; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Is this possible in one SQL statement

I want to select all the records in table A which have record in Table B
where field1 is equal to 3 and have a record in Table B where field1 is
equal to 1, in other word two records (or more) must exist in Table B in
order to give me a record from Table A

like this

select * from table_a, tabele_b.field1
where table_a.id = table_b.id
and (table_b.filed1 = 1 AND able_b.filed1 = 3)
                                   ^^^^
This is the 'problem' as I perfectly know that a field only can contain one
value

Hope this is more clear.

Best
Steen