I have been having an issue where the mysql client is core dumping for no
obvious reason to me.

I loaded a database via a file which created 167 tables.  I then loaded
another file to populate some data.  I then go into mysql and did a show
tables command, then I did a show columns command.  when I tried to quit out,
it core dumped, below is some of the output.

I am running NetBSD 1.5 and mysql 3.23.47 and I am using the my-small.cnf as
my my.conf file in /etc.  The machine has 48M of RAM.

mysql> show columns from zipcode;
+-----------+----------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| Field     | Type     | Null | Key | Default | Extra |
+-----------+----------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| zip       | char(10) |      | MUL |         |       |
| state     | char(10) |      |     |         |       |
| city      | char(50) |      |     |         |       |
| longitude | double   | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| latitude  | double   | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
5 rows in set (0.04 sec)

mysql> \q
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Any help would be appreciated.