Hello,

  Under mysql 3.22.29, I was able to use isamchk to disable all index keys (-r
-k0), do millions of inserts into the table, then re-enable all the indexes
again with "isamchk -r -k4" (4 indexes).  I'm testing out a new Redhat 7.2
Linux server with mysql 3.23.41, and am attempting to load a table with 30
million records, then re-enable the indexes.  So, I use:

> myisamchk -r -k0 new_table
- recovering (with keycache) MyISAM-table 'new_table.MYI'
Data records: 0

I then use an :
    insert into new_table from old_table;
To load the table, but mysql still attempts to build the index file (MYI),
greatly slowing down the table load.  How can I entirely disable all indexes
for a table, load it, then re-enable?  Like I said, this is how it used to work
under isamchk under 3.22.29.

BTW, I am aware that myisamchk uses a bitmap to re-enable the indexes, but I
haven't gotten to that point, since the indexes are being built upon the data
load.

Thanks,
-Hank