HI,

Firstly I hope this is the right list as the enquiry I have I do not class
as a bug due to my uncertainty about where the problem lies.

I have been using the C API for MySQL 2.22.32 on Linux 2.2.14 and I have
noticed that my program was getting to an unmanageable size in memory, there
is a steady increase in size. Admitedly I am playing with reasonable amounts
of data ( repeated calls retreiving 2000+ rows) however I am using the
mysql_free_result on every MYSQL_RES that I am using and I am still seeing
the program incerase in size.

Usually I would blame this on myself for forgeting to free some malloc'ed
memory however after running an mtrace on the program it returns rather a
lot of the following lines:

0x084ac688   0x1fe4  at
/lib/libmysqlclient.so.10:(my_malloc+0x2a)[0x4002aa7a]
0x084ae670   0x1fe4  at
/lib/libmysqlclient.so.10:(my_malloc+0x2a)[0x4002aa7a]
0x084b0658   0x1fe4  at
/lib/libmysqlclient.so.10:(my_malloc+0x2a)[0x4002aa7a]
0x084b2640   0x1fe4  at
/lib/libmysqlclient.so.10:(my_malloc+0x2a)[0x4002aa7a]

which leads me to beleive that there maybe an issue with the my_malloc
function in the client lib.

Am I completely incorrect ? has anyone seen this before and if so how is it
cured as my program is running out of memory within 5 mins of starting.

thanks
Iain

Machine Spec:

Athlon 800 (over clocked to 1Ghz)