(I originally sent this to sales@mysql, but got no response - thought I'd
try this way).

I have nearly completed a port of our companies Unix based software (ISAM
based) to use mysql (version 4.0.1).
I've been extremely impressed with the performance we are getting from
mysql, and are looking to release it to our customer base.
The server platforms that KIWIPLAN software runs on are,

HPUX 10.20
HPUX 11.x
AIX 4.x
SCO 5.0.x
Linux
MS windows (a client/server subset)

AT&T SVR4
HP MPE/ix (I doubt very much that this is supported!!!)

With the exception of the latter two, mysql supports all of these platforms
(Question: AT&T SVR4? not sure about - it'd be nice to drop it though).

If our customers were to purchase a server licence for their server
platform, do they get (can they get) an installable binary of mysql for that
platform from mysql? I cannot see my customers wanting to (or being able
to!) install from source code.

Can KIWIPLAN act as resellers of mysql, or would our customers purchase
mysql individually?

Cheers,
Ian Collins.