Johannes,

which version of MySQL you are running?

>From http://www.innodb.com/bugfixes.html :
November 17, 2001:
The insert buffer tree can get into an inconsistent state, causing a crash,
and also crashing the recovery. This bug may appear especially in large
table imports or alterations. Fixed in 3.23.45.

The bug could cause an assertion failure in fil0fil.c.

Best regards,

Heikki Tuuri
Innobase Oy
---
Order technical MySQL/InnoDB support at https://order.mysql.com/
See http://www.innodb.com for the online manual and latest news on InnoDB

"Johannes B. Ullrich" wrote in message ...

>I just started using innodb tables to help with some locking
>problems.
>
>The table I am trying to convert is large (100 Million rows, 23 GigByte).
>
>I setup 20 2Gig ibdata files. (I choose a size of 2 Gig as this is the
>maximum size I can easily transfer to another machine for backups. The
>files system can handle larger files).
>
>I did create a new table, and transfered the old table to the new
>tables using 'insert into newtable select * from oldtable'. (as a test,
>I did try 10 Million rows first which worked fine and took about 30
>minutes).
>
>After a while (1 hr?), mysql crashed. Here are the details:
>
>Resolved stack:
>
>0x80b39c6 handle_segfault__Fi + 406
>0x4003b935 _end + 937197517
>0x8184f3f fil_io + 607
>0x816ca99 buf_read_page + 89
>0x8164e3a buf_page_get_gen + 278
>0x814a835 btr_cur_search_to_nth_level + 1101
>0x812a970 ibuf_insert_low + 1256
>0x812b2a0 ibuf_insert + 380
>0x814a89a btr_cur_search_to_nth_level + 1202
>0x812d6fb row_ins_index_entry_low + 143
>0x812dbc8 row_ins + 504
>0x812dd30 row_ins_step + 272
>0x812e697 row_insert_for_mysql + 151
>0x80fbc82 write_row__11ha_innobasePc + 394
>0x80de7ff write_record__FP8st_tableP12st_copy_info + 527
>0x80e036d send_data__13select_insertRt4List1Z4Item + 93
>0x80dd68f end_send__FP4JOINP13st_join_tableb + 111
>0x80d8788 sub_select__FP4JOINP13st_join_tableb + 240
>0x80d84a1 do_select__FP4JOINPt4List1Z4ItemP8st_tableP9Procedure + 393
>0x80d1a75
>mysql_select__FP3THDP13st_table_listRt4List1Z4ItemP4ItemRt4List1Z15Item_fun
c_matchP8st_orderT5T3T5UiP13select_result