Hi,

Ideally I wish to keep all of my database files on a network drive
(X:\). Using WinMySQLAdmin.exe I have created a my.ini file which
resides in my WINNT directory.

my.ini contents...
[mysqld]
basedir=C:/mysql
#bind-address=127.0.0.1
datadir=X:/Shared/MyData/data
#language=C:/mysql/share/your language directory
#slow query log#=
#tmpdir#=
#port=3306
#set-variable=key_buffer=16M
[WinMySQLadmin]
Server=C:/mysql/bin/mysqld-nt.exe
user=guest
password=guest

Upon starting the MySQL service though I receive the error message
"Could not start the Mysql service on \\DELL02. Error 1067: The process
terminated unexpectedly". I have copied the databases to a local drive
(D:\) and altered the my.ini file and all works well.

Does anyone know why I cannot use MySQL to access databases on a
networked drive???

Neil

 Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
         [EMAIL PROTECTED]