Hi, this is Erin Lilly, I've used support before with you all for
bodyconsultant.com and you were extremely helpful. I'm installing mysql on
erinlilly.net and have run into that common  /tmp/mysql.sock (111) error

version: 3.23.45-pc-linux
To telnet in as root:
erinlilly.net
log-admin
pw-paws

you then need to type in /usr/local to see where I've installed the
mysql-3.23.45

Please take a look where I had installed it in
/usr/local/mysql-3.23.45-pc-linux-i686

I've created a ln -s from tmp to /usr/local/mysql-3.23....
have created a ln -s from mysql-3.23.45 and mysql

What's the problem?? When I go to do the ./bin/safe_mysql & command it turns
server on then logs off.  Also when I do bin/mysqladmin -u root -p password
it gives me the /tmp/mysql.sock (111) not found - even though I have ln -s
that tmp directory to the mysql-3.23.45 ...

Have tested the telnet erinlilly.net 3306 - and no connection.

MY QUESTIONS:
1.  What do I need to do to get the connection going.
2.  How can I be sure the tables were created.   I ran install_db and it
appeared to do everything.
3.  What do I need to do to make things right here?
4.  Have all my ln -s created some inherent problems?

HERE's the MYSQL registration info:

erin6817
fevnodfi
order number