On Wed, 2002-02-06 at 07:51, Matt Rudderham wrote:
> Hi,
> I am making a form for editing the rows in a table. It displays each row
> as a row in a table(structure id tinyiny,name varchar(30) ), with the
> value inside a textbox so it can be changed.  When doing the $submit to
> MySQL, I need do this:
> for($count=0;$count<=$i;$count++)
>        {
>         $current_id = $$count.-id;
>         $current_name = $$count.-name;
>         $sql = "UPDATE committee_names SET name ='$current_name' WHERE
> committee_id = '$current_id'"
>         $result = mysql_query($sql);
>        };
>
> Each time a record is displayed in the HTML table the textbox is given a
> name like $0-name then $1-name dynamically until all the records in the
> table have been displayed.  Does anyone know how I can accomplish this?

  Hi Matt,

  This question is probably best answered by the PHP mailing lists. :)

  However, before you go ask a question there, here are some tips:

  Turn your error reporting up - there are several key errors in the
  script that would be reported if error_reporting(E_ALL) were set.

  There are PHP manual sections on strings and variable variables that
  will help you out.

  You may want to do this instead?
  $sql = "UPDATE committee_names
          SET name ='${count}-id'
          WHERE committee_id = '${count}-name'";

  Hrm. Any more and this would not be a MySQL mailing list. Please do
  try the PHP lists. Visit http://php.net/support.php for more
  information. You may wish to search the General mailing list archives
  before posting - this is a fairly common question.

  Good luck!

--
  /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /    Zak Greant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>