Hello,

I am relatively new to Mysql. I am have a strange problem that is
preventing me from setting up
my database to test out mysql as a backend to an IDS system. When I
start the mysql command
I get the following output.

srsids01# ./mysql
Your MySQL connection id is 1 to server version: 3.23.47-log

Segmentation fault (core dumped)
srsids01#

I am running mysql 3.23.47 on a Solaris 8 server. Please help. Thanks!

vjl

--
 V.Jay LaRosa                           EMC Corporation
 Systems Administrator                  171 South Street