Hi there,

I am really new at PHP & MySQL, so please bear with me.

I am using the mysql_insert_id function but continually receive an error,
and hoping someone can point me in the right direction to resolve this.

My error:
Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource on line 44
$result = mysql_query("insert into support (ref_number, date_time, name,
location, email, subject, problem, priority_1,
 priority_2, priority_3, priority_4) values ('null', '$date', '$name',
'$email', '$location', '$subject', '$problem',
'$priority_1', '$priority_2', '$priority_3', '$priority_4')");

$ref_number = mysql_insert_id($link_id);   ========> This is line 44
Any suggestions?  The auto_num field in the database is updating and
everything else is working fine....
Thanks in advance for any help!
~Andrea